Demi Lovato ‘bullied for being fat’

Demi Lovato ‘bullied for being fat’

We all gasped with shock when news broke of Demi Lovato entering rehab back in November last year. At the treatment centre, where she remained for three months, she received treatment for an eating disorder and self-harming . Today the actress has appeared on ABC, her first TV show since the ordeal, after revealing yesterday that she has decided to quit her Disney TV show, Sonny With A Chance.
 
Her reason for leaving the show was simply because she couldn’t bear seeing her body on camera any longer, which stems from being bullied as a child. “I literally didn't know why they were being so mean, I was bullied for being fat.” The full interview will be aired in the US tomorrow.
 
In an interview with People magazine the star went into detail about how her obsession with her weight took over. “I was only eating a meal a day. When I was about 15, I was only eating two meals a week, but I wasn't losing any more weight because my body adjusted to that. So I tried new things, laxatives, fasts - nothing was working. At my worst, I was doing it five times a day. I threw up so hard and so much, it was just blood in the toilet.”
 
On speaking about leaving her TV series and the future Demi said, “It made sense to me to leave the show and focus on my music. In the studio you don't see my body, and I feel all of my confidence is in my voice. I don't know if I could handle being in front of the camera with my body right now.”
 
We’re glad the young star decided to get help and wish her the best of health!



View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment